Featured Post

1100 Playwright Interviews

1100 Playwright Interviews A Sean Abley Rob Ackerman E.E. Adams Johnna Adams Liz Duffy Adams Tony Adams David Adjmi Keith Josef Adkins Nicc...

Stageplays.com

Sep 18, 2017

Jack And Jill Plays - Part 33 - See What We Get





About Jack and Jill Plays:

This is a new thing I'm doing.  Posting a short play every day as long as I can.  

The normal things about plays apply-- don't produce or reproduce this play without my permission.  I wrote it so I own it.  Etc.


See What We Get
by Adam Szymkowicz

(JACK and JILL in a rowboat or a canoe.  They row or paddle.)

JILL
You want to practice?

JACK
No.

JILL
I think you should practice.

JACK
That's okay.

JILL
I Insist.

JACK
I don't want to.

JILL
It'll make you more confident.

JACK
I don't want to be confident.

JILL
Why not?

JACK
I want to be authentic in the moment.  Not fake confident and then they hire me and they'll be like where did that confident guy go that we hired -- now we got this guy.  Better to never be confident.

JILL
Better to get the job.

JACK
Right.  Okay.  That's a fair point.

JILL
Great.  (as interviewer) Nice to meet you, Jack.  Why did you apply for this job.

JACK
I can't do this.  Can we just not?  I want to be unrehearsed.  I want to speak from the heart.  If the job is right it will all work out.

JILL
No.  You need a job.  You make the job right.

JACK
Yeah.  But.  If I try to make stuff up, it'll be bad.  I'll be bad at it.  Better to just say what I'm thinking.

JILL
What are you thinking?

JACK
I'm thinking I don't want this job.

JILL
I know that's what you're thinking.  I need you think think something else.

JACK
Can we just not talk for a while and cast out our lines and see what we get?

(JILL silently agrees.  They both fish.)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter Your Email To Have New Blog Posts Sent To You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support The Blog
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mailing list to be invited to Adam's events
Email:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam's Patreon

Books by Adam (Amazon)

4 comments:

walatra propolis said...

thanks good your article

walatra sehat wasir said...

Thanks for information

obat diabetes mellitus said...

Penyakit Diabetes Mellitus merupakan penyakit jangka panjang atau kronis yang memiliki kadar gula darah diatas batas normal
Obat Diabetes Mellitus Terbukti Ampuh

walatra berry jus said...

thanks for information
Walatra Berry Jus Obat Herbal Paling Ampuh